Can someone help me figure out how to video chat with my HTC EVO 4G?Support

Last Updated:

1. shotty

shotty New Member This Topic's Starter

I have the HTC EVO 4G and I can't figure out how to use video chat. I know Skype can't be used since they are in contract with Verizon. I tried Fring and when I try to video with my contacts on AIM and MSN messenger it says "AIM does not support video chat" or "Messeneger does not support video chat"

Can anyone help?

Advertisement
  2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

The only thing I personally have uses successfully was qik...and it was rather self explanatory

3. shotty

shotty New Member This Topic's Starter

But with Qik I have to speak to someone with a video phone right? I'm trying to use my phone to conference with someone on a computer.

4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

from what I remember qik works phone to computer. I did use it phone to phone but in the commercial they show it phone to computer...I know that doesn't necessarily mean it works lol but they do show it that way ...or maybe they are showing it as a video uploaded and then watched.

here is the qik website
    Qik | Record and share video live from your mobile phone

With all of this I really though Fring was supposed to accomplish what you are trying to do ...

I will come back with more info if I find any

shotty likes this.
  5. Zeosstud

Zeosstud Member

Its still a little rough I think, but the yahoo chat with video is the only program I have used that has worked phone to computer.

shotty likes this.
  6. Steeler

Steeler Well-Known Member

Yahoo WAS the only program worked phone to PC. They "updated" the software, & now it doesn't work.

I've read that there are ways to get around their update, but it's a bit of a pain. Not worth it for me....