• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

can someone help me please?

swjeoung96

Lurker
Dec 29, 2011
I rooted my htc but I keep getting weird problems. If i get a system update and install it. The phone goes white then green htc comes up and the phone resets. Update not installed of course.
So i tried formatting my phone. Still turns white and reboot.
I went into hboot amd tried factory reset. Another reboot.
I tried all of this again after unrooting... Can somebody help? :'(

And... I put this here because my phone... Isn't on the list?
Htc evo 4G+. Some people call it rider but I'm not sure...

I don't know the difference between an EVO 4G and a 4G+ (we don't have either where I am), but I'd suggest that the forum EVO 4G - All Things Root - Android Forums would be a good place to ask anyway. Although there are some general rules, rooting tends to be device-specific so the people there are probably the most knowledgeable about your phone.

However, from experience of my own rooted HTC (Desire) I think I can guess what your problem is: you accepted a system update after rooting. This is a bad idea - the update package is designed for unmodified firmware, and is very likely to cause problems when applied to a rooted phone. It sounds like the ROM is messed up, which is why factory reset isn't enough to fix it. Unrooting using an RUU should fix it though, since that will replace absolutely everything.

Once you re-root you should turn off the update checking, and never accept an over the air update. The update mechanism for a rooted phone is to flash a new ROM from recovery - if the EVO is anything like the Desire any significant update will be available in the form of a rooted ROM very shortly after it is released.

All of this is on the assumption that the EVO 4G+ is similar to my Desire, but I think that's probably a good assumption here.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones