• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can Someone Help Me!!!

karera

Lurker
Mar 16, 2015
I rooted my samsung galaxy trend plus (GT-S7580) and it was successful then i accidentally saved a modified vold.fstab file inside (/root)/system/etc directory after that i reboot my phone and stuck on Samsung GALAXY Trend Plus GT-S7580 screen. I don't know what to do to restore the original system files on it. Can someone here help me to restore it to normal even in the original firmware? And there's a message can't mount /system on recovery. I used CWM-based Recovery v6.0.3.7 and factory reset doesn't solve the problem and i didn't do any backup (I thought it backs up the original firmware automatically).

Last edited:
This is why we preach to NEVER, EVER change anything in the /system files without first making a nandroid backup. That backup is your ticket back to normal: if something goes wrong (and without a backup it will), you can just wipe the phone and restore the backup. It will be like nothing ever happened.

Without the stock /system image to get it back to the way it was, you're kind of stuck... you'll need to find someone who can copy their /system folder and send it to you. Once you have that, you MIGHT be able to replace your entire /system partition with theirs, restoring the files that were rewritten. If the original stock image is available via Odin, you MIGHT be able to Odin back to stock, re-root it, set it up and make backups forever more.

Otherwise, you may need to have the whole phone re-flashed to stock at a repair facility. Someone else here may have a different solution, but that's all I've got for you at the moment. Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones