• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can someone help please TROJAN

arch72

Lurker
Dec 13, 2016
After scanning with antivirus CM on new phone i found this
Screenshot_2016-12-12-22-01-36_com.cmsecurity.lite.png
Screenshot_2016-12-12-17-50-09_com.cmsecurity.lite.png

The first thing I'd do is rescan using something more trustworthy than CM Security (MalwareBytes is often recommended). Since Cheetah Mobile make money by stealing data from the phones of people who install their apps and selling it to spammers I personally regard CM Security (and all CM apps) as malware itself.

I've not found anything about that exact malware name, but you the safest thing to do is delete an infected app. Certainly if a different scanner also finds it (I really don't trust anything from CM, sorry). The interesting question is where that app came from? If you installed it from some random download site then that massively increases the chance that the warning is genuine (sites that offer pirated apps in particular are quite likely to include trojan infections). If it's a system app (pre-installed) and you've not installed any apps yourself (or only installed from the Play Store) then I hope it's CM giving a false positive rather than the phone coming with malware pre-installed - what model of phone is it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones