Can someone help?

Last Updated:

1. Spike760

Spike760 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Can someone help me? I was trying to run some scripts to get Google Maps to work on Froyo; but now I'm stuck in some weird mounted stage when I open Astro I only get three folders asec, sdcard, secure. The top thing says /mnt.

mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 dev/block/mtdblock4 system

I think that was the last thing I typed in before it got messed up. I need to get back to the system/app folder so I can paste a Maps.apk I found online back in there, because I already tried an alternate set of scripts and uninstalled Google Maps from my phone but it didn't work. D:

Can someone help me unmount my phone?

Advertisement
  2. trav473

trav473 Well-Known Member

what you are describing with astro is how mine always starts..... where is your new maps.apk currently located? if its on the sg card, touch "sdcard" in astro and continue to the apk. touch the apk and it will ask if you want to use the app manager. touch that and it gives you the option to install..

3. Spike760

Spike760 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah, but then it'll say "Installation Unsucessful" I have to run a list of scripts before it'll work on Froyo. I ran one set of scripts that was supposed to fix it, but it still doesn't install from the market either.

4. trav473

trav473 Well-Known Member

what rom are you running? I haven't had any issues with maps on froyo sense the first few roms that were released. have you tried a recently released rom and ipe all data before flashing?