Can someone interpret this? (Memory data)General

Last Updated:

1. Slugdoc

Slugdoc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

In the 2.1 Eris:

In Settings -> Applications -> Running Services
    There is a white bar at the bottom. Mine says:

Avail: 10MB + 0.00B in 5 Other:0.00B in 6

(Those numbers have been different, obviously at different times. The above numbers are after killing the still-running Music, Listen, and AK Notebook processes. No other "non-essential" proceses were running. )
    But what do they mean?

How does that correlate to Settings -> SD card & phone storage which tells me Available space is 86 MB?

Someone who knows please share.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Zerethusta

Zerethusta Well-Known Member

That's your RAM available, as i understand. As in the memory for running processes.

I'm guessing your phone is running REAL slow right now, isn't it.

I usually make sure I've shut my browser down properly, and if any services are running that are from apps I'm done with for the time being i'll kill 'em. Doesn't happen often though, I've gotten good about closing things out right.

Is your awake time really high compared to your phone on time? It's in settings, about phone, battery info at the bottom.

3. Slugdoc

Slugdoc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

No, my phone runs well. Aside from some dialer and incoming call related lag.

That's why the numbers don't make a lot of sense to me.
    As I mentioned, the SD card & phone settings also tell me I have 86 MB free -- that number (at least on 1.5) would drop as I had more running apps, cache, memory hogs etc, and that number correlated much more with lag.

The numbers at the bottom of the running applications screen are just mysterious.