can someone please confirm what sprint cs just told me.

Last Updated:

1. JUSTQUAN2

JUSTQUAN2 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was calling sprint cs, and i was told that they will not release the epic til they get the evo under control. Was told that the evo still has a huge list. Now this is what all that was said to me today. Im calling back in a few mins to get another rep.

So if any of you guys have sources can you please tap them and let me, US know if this is true or false.

Advertisement
  2. palmgoog

palmgoog Well-Known Member

Never believe Sprint CS...EVER! Two Sprint CS Reps told me the Evo's Froyo update was delayed for at least a month. 2 minutes later, I got the update...

dyh and JUSTQUAN2 like this.
  3. awesomecomb

awesomecomb Well-Known Member

Yes. I just confirmed it.

4. SebastianX

SebastianX Well-Known Member

I was told the Evo would be delayed for a least until this holiday season... mind you this was a week after it was released.

5. dyh

dyh Well-Known Member

I generally agree with this, although sometimes you'll get people who actually know what they're talking about.

Sprint is a corporation, so just like all others you can talk to 10 different people and get 10 different, sometimes conflicting, responses.

6. Puddin422

Puddin422 Well-Known Member

Not sure if you are being serious or sarcastic. If you're serious, can you give us more details on how you confirmed this??

7. ChrisPlague

ChrisPlague Well-Known Member

false

8. Adrift

Adrift Well-Known Member

Doesn't make sense, business-wise, to halt additional sales based on filling preorders. They would be losing out on a ton of money, even if that meant some EVO customers instead went for the Epic, that is still a sale for Sprint. Sale = Money = Not gonna wait on EVO production.

9. The Tick077

The Tick077 Well-Known Member

Simple rule of thumb: If you put 5 CS reps in a room, and ask them all the same question, you will get 10 answers and all 20 of them will be wrong.:D

10. flynlow

flynlow Member

It will be out really soon. They are looking at the returning student market. That means within the next two weeks give or take a couple days.

11. dyh

dyh Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good timeframe if it ends up being the case. Does your contact have any "anonymous tips" he could give us?

12. flynlow

flynlow Member

If I asked I may not be told. If I was told, I wouldn't be able to say in a public forum. In all honesty, he may not know and I doubt he cares. To him it's just another device. My post above was just an educated guess. ;)