Can someone please explain to me why...Support

Last Updated:

1. jsstritz

jsstritz Active Member This Topic's Starter

Every time i mount as a hard drive on my computer, then drag and drop pics, files, etc. that as soon as i unplug and go back to normal use, my pictures are always un-rotated again?

So once im done and un plug, the phone scans the SD card, etc. It reorganizes whatever ive done with the photos, etc. BUT... all of the pics that i rotated a long time ago, are ALWAYS in need of being rotated back again. Why does the phone sort of default them back to their original orientation just cause i plugged it into the computer?

At first i just dealt with it, but now that i have a quite a few pics (probably 3-400 total on here) its annoying to rotate each and every one back. especially since we dont have any "batch" editing with this feature/command.

Anyone? :confused:

Advertisement
  2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

Are you rotating the pictures on your computer and saving them, or rotating them with the phone and saving them?
    Have you tried creating to copies of the picture one rotated and one not to see what happens?
    If you are rotating them with your computer are you saving them first, then moving the file to your phone?

If you have an un-rotated version of the picture on your computer it might syncing automatically and reverting them back to that.

3. jsstritz

jsstritz Active Member This Topic's Starter

ok im pretty sure these are just pics ive rotated in the phone so maybe thats the problem. interesting...

4. WBMc36

WBMc36 Well-Known Member

i always remove the phone under safely remove hardware. Not the sd card but the phone before i unplug. I have had problems with it not recognizing photos and ringtones stored on the sd card if i do not do this.