Can someone pull the google tv youtube apk?

1. reddragon72

reddragon72 Well-Known Member

What I am looking for the actual youtube apk from a google.TV box like the co-star. It has to be an ARM box and not an X86 box. I want to see if I can get it to install on my imito mx1 standard Android JB stick. I want the remote youtube ability.

For those that are worried there are none, the google.tv youtube apk is a free app on the playstore so your not pirating anything. I have tried lots of places to get it and none have it. It should be the 1.5 version which is the latest in the store.

Thanks!!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Metosku

Metosku New Member

I've been looking for this same thing too. Any luck?
    I'm not for sure that this app will give u the remote ability.
    when u use the add to tv options..I think it only looks at your google account to see if you have a Google tv online. I have a google HDMI dongle that as of now I can't root. I believe the build.prop file tells your google account if it is a phone/tablet/tv.
    My problem is YouTube is stuck in landscape mode. And the build.prop is telling my account it is a phone.
    I have no way to click users to see other videos or to click related videos. I can use search and my play list. I know "YouTube for google tv" can solve my problem.
    Have u tried "youtube lean back"
  3. myshyak

myshyak New Member

taken from revue:
    db.tt/OPk1eKrT