• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can someone test something for me - Droid-picasa download.

D

Deleted User

Take a picture, gallery, share, upload to picasa.

On your computer, go to web albums dropbox, hit the download button and save it to your computer - see if windows can open it (windows picture and fax viewer).

I can't get it to work. File size downloads as smaller than what web albums is saying it is. I can email myself the same file and open it fine (in this method file size is retained).

I emailed the file to a nexus one user, confirmed the file was the exact same size, he saved it on his phone - gallery, share, upload to picasa, etc.. and he also can't open the picture once downloaded to his computer.

Further testing:
It only screws up portrait mode. I can open it in irfanview, rotate it and it's fine, but something in the upload/download process is hosing something.

Curious if it's just this droid, if it's repeatable, and if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones