Can someone try this for me?Support

Last Updated:

1. Mikeymaestro

Mikeymaestro Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 27, 2010
    I may have figured out the nightmare of copying text from the gmail application. I have been on the fence on switching to this phone from a blackberry 9700 bold. In my business i use the copy/paste feature everyday several times. I called every t-mobile rep and no one could figure out how to select text in the entire email. Going in the menu while looking at the email you get an option to select text but once you lift your finger it stops copying.

In my case most of my emails are longer than what appears on the screen so there has been no way to copy the rest of the text.

Possible solution: A friend of mine who just got the mytouch 4g has come up with this. looking at email you want to copy, click menu for more options then choose select text, now instead of touching text with your finger begin scrolling down with the touch pad it should continue to copy the remainder of a long email to your clipboard.

Can someone else verify this for me?
    If this solves the problem i will most likely be ordering this phone asap.

2. brinky

brinky Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    It works but not real well. After I choose select text I used that track pad to position the on screen arrow that showed up. Once I got to a place I wanted to begin coping, I pressed the trackpad and was able to scroll down and text was being selected. However the highlight text would randomly stop being selected when scrolling and new text would start to get selected. But after 4-5 attempts I did get it to work. So it is possible, but not easy.
    Mikeymaestro likes this.
  3. pantlesspenguin

pantlesspenguin Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Cool! I never would've thought of that. That's pretty slick. I think it would work a lot better if the trackpad was as responsive as the one on the BB 9700. I rarely use the trackpad on the MT4G just 'cause it's rather frustrating.
    Mikeymaestro likes this.