• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can someone with a note 3 and Google keyboard cinfirm

That as of 10/1/14 - when you hover the s pen over a letter (never touch) then lift up, it registers as a letter, making the Google keyboard unusable with s pen.

Nope, using it now to swipe this. I've just downloaded it to test and try it for myself. I have to say I'm finding it rather clunky but the suggested word following your trace is good.

Upvote 0
I really appreciate you looking into it. Just baffled. Tries it on wife's note and same thing. It works fine with fingers. Just doesn't work with the s pen. If I type with s pen I get double letters. If I hover over a letter then pull away without touching screen it acts as if I touched the screen. So bizarre. I kinda like Google keyboard as its less laggy than swift

Upvote 0
I really appreciate you looking into it. Just baffled. Tries it on wife's note and same thing. It works fine with fingers. Just doesn't work with the s pen. If I type with s pen I get double letters. If I hover over a letter then pull away without touching screen it acts as if I touched the screen. So bizarre. I kinda like Google keyboard as its less laggy than swift

I can only think another app, and it could be anything, is interfering with it.

I actually like the speed of SwiftKey. I tend to use a keyboard with my right thumb in portrait mode, with the S-pen, I am left handed and it doesn't come easy to use my left hand and hold the phone right handed. Google keyboard ends up deleting half the proceeding word in the event of a typo due to it's speed (or more likely my stubby thumb and slowness!) I love having the suggested word following your swipe, as I said. Most impressive and useful. I'm going to see if I can learn to use Google keyboard. I still can't reproduce your issue with it and the S-pen though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones