can surf internet/have data, but can't make callsSupport

Last Updated:

1. unlazyfree

unlazyfree Active Member This Topic's Starter

so i was installing the thirdwave rom and while i was restoring my backups (MyBackup) i may have restored some sort of system files, however even after doing a nandroid restore, i still can't make calls, but i have a data connection.

any help? im starting to freak out here!

Advertisement
  2. DizkoDan

DizkoDan Well-Known Member

Have you tried calling *228 (option 1) to reprogram?

3. unlazyfree

yeah, i can't make calls. it just says dialing at the top then disconnects and says the call was lost. no ringing, no noise, nothing.

it was working when i made the last nandroid backup, was working until i flashed to the fourth wave rom afaik. i did a nandroid restore and it still doesn't work

4. DizkoDan

Have you tried toggling the 3g radio on/off? When you say you have data, this is over the 3g radio not wifi right?

5. unlazyfree

yeah, 3g was toggled on. also, i did a factory reset and i remember seeing somewhere that if you do that you might not get service or something. is that something i can fix? or do i have to get it replaced?

6. DizkoDan

Also, *228 isn't really a call, so it should not act the same way a normal phone call would. The whole point of it is to program a phone that cant make calls. Just want to verify that you actually did try to do this.

7. unlazyfree

so since new kernels, roms, radio's (from 2.15 to 2.05) and a nandroid restore back to what it was saved at (working), im still getting nothing. can i conclude for the night that it's on verizon's side and it should be something they can fix? like reactivate my phone from their end or something?

8. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

Did you try simply rebooting the phone?

I am not rooted and didn't do custom roms or anything, but I did flash the OTA to my phone. For some reason while I was resetting up everything (not sure exactly when it happened, just know that it did work and then didn't) my connection died. I could use WiFi but nothing else.

I rebooted the phone and BAM... it's all back to normal.

9. Tmart

Tmart Well-Known Member

The entire Verizon signal disappeared for about the other night at midnight here in Rochester, I confirmed with several friends who were online and nobody could get any cell signal.

10. unlazyfree

yeah ive done that.

well turns out i can receive calls still, however can't make them. odd

11. unlazyfree

well it had something to do with unrevoked forever cause when i went to turn s-off to s-on (so they don't find out) i made a test call and it works. turned s back off and it still works. no idea what it was, but at least i know now. back to flashing roms