Can the battery on the HTC One X be replacedGeneral

1. ral

ral Well-Known Member

I went to the HTC Service Center in my country and asked if the battery of the One X can be replaced. They told me it could not. The battery is not user replaceable, but I would have assumed the job could be done at a service center. Can anyone confirm?

Advertisement
    :
  2. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

I personally would have thought a HTC service center would have the ability to replace a battery should the need arise, after all there is a site that has actually taken the one x apart.
    ral likes this.
  3. ral

ral Well-Known Member

Anyone?
  4. eddiewawa

eddiewawa Well-Known Member

hey ral, you could pop to the HTC support site and chat online with one of the 1st lines to see if they do.

Personally i can't see why not, they can probably heat the polymer case and pop it off and get to the innards that way.

p.s. if they insist they cant get the battery replaced, then request a new unit?
    ral likes this.
  5. nettecris

nettecris Member

Go on youtube an type in cracking open the htc one x there is a person that open the one x its battery can be removed but trying to reconnect the conectors will be a pain. Don't try it check out video you will see what i mean.
    ral likes this.
  6. ral

ral Well-Known Member

I don't have a One X yet. Just wanting to make sure the battery can be replace when it gets old if needed. I usually keep my phones for 2 years or so.

I did query HTC and the response was:

7. Paul_59

Paul_59 Active Member

I agree, it's not user replaceable unless you break the warranty by opening the case. It should be replaceable by a service centre. Not sure how to post photos to this forum see this link for photo of disassembly of One X http://i-cdn.phonearena.com/images/articles/58135-image/4.jpg

Battery appears to be ordinary Li polymer rechargeable.
    ral likes this.
  8. shengfu10

shengfu10 Well-Known Member

I think the battery can be replace
    you just have to take it to the shop.
  9. walterjprice8

walterjprice8 New Member

I had 5 phones life times did not ever need a new batty yet.
  10. Wilkas

Wilkas Well-Known Member

the battery will most probably be ok for the 2 years, if it goes within the first year then it or the phone will be replaced (they advise you to do a test at home, inputting a code) if it goes within the second year then you may have a problem but I got my screen replaced by a local shop and have had no problems at all, I'm sure it would be the same for a battery.
  11. TarekElsakka

TarekElsakka Well-Known Member

That's very weird. How can a service center say they cannot replace the battery? Then what happens if yours malfunctions or dies and is, perhaps, not under warranty anymore? You'd have to just trash the device because of a dead battery? That's just plain stupid.

I am pretty sure you can do it yourself if necessary, just Google "HTC One X Battery Replacement guide" or something like that and I'm positive you'll come up with something. You can even take these videos and go to a professional who has all the tools so he can help you.
  12. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

If you live in the EU you are covered by a 2 year warranty, that's by EU law.
  13. HecTiC One X

HecTiC One X Well-Known Member

I've tried replacing a battery in the one x myself. Its not an easy task. Also, there isnt many mobile phone repairer's in my city that will touch the one x/xl. Opening it is the easy part. The way this thing is put together, its not made to be tampered with. My recommendation, take to HTC.
  14. Labrat0116

Labrat0116 Member

How much could one expect to pay a shop to have the battery replaced in a One X ?