can the cellular south milestone be rooted?

Last Updated:

1. digdug1

digdug1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

my friend just bought the cellular south milestone in the us and wants me to help him root it. my question is, do the steps for root listed here apply to his phone?

Advertisement
  2. ashketchum

ashketchum Well-Known Member

I am sure it can be rooted with Universal Androot. Download it and copy it to the phone's sd card (or you can download it directly to the phone). Install the downloaded apk file with Quickoffice (if its preinstalled) or Astro File Manager (which you can find in the Market). Open it after installation and from the drop down menu select "Do not install Superuser" and then tap the "Go Root" button. Once its done, install the "Superuser" app by ChainsDD from the Market. And thats it. :)

digdug1 and John Bean like this.
  3. John Bean

John Bean Happy Wanderer

I hadn't seen this app until I read your reply so I'm glad I did. I've rooted phones before (not a Milestone though) so it's not a matter of not knowing how to, but I'm a big fan of hiding heavyweight procedures behind a veneer of simplicity - and that's exactly what I found in this app, it really couldn't be simpler.

Extra thanks for the heads-up on the vastly improved superuser app too, whatever rooting method is used :)