Can the Desire actually display WHITE? Help needed!

Last Updated:

1. TheTrueSpin

TheTrueSpin Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I have just bought a Desire and have noticed that it doesn't seem to display the colour white properly.

For example, if you go to the google webpage, the background is kind of almost a very subtle pink, not true white. In fact, the phone seems incapable of displaying bright white.

Is this widespread or is it just me?

Advertisement
  2. biker74

biker74 Well-Known Member Contributor

I think there has been an issue with this. I'm fairly certain I had it, but had to do a reset for something else and it seems to be fine now, well, there is a tiny hint of pick, but not so you'd notice.

3. c_man

c_man Well-Known Member

4. larbac

larbac Member

What kind of reset have you done? I tried a Reset on mine but no luck. When I try to get brightness all low downs to "no Brightness" then the screen turns purple.

I have previously posted a video you would want to see my case.
    http://androidforums.com/htc-desire/87622-screen-brightness-pinkish-effect.html#post831459

5. wuthton

wuthton Well-Known Member

If you turn the backlight down whites will get a pink tint. This is a limitation of the screen hardware, no amount of resets will make a difference.

If you don't want a pink tint don't turn your backlight off.

6. biker74

biker74 Well-Known Member Contributor

I did a factory reset, but if your going to do it, mind to backup. But then again as the previous contributor mentioned it, it doesn't make a difference. It looked like it did with mine, but as I said there is still a hint of pink. I have also cranked up the brightness and that might have also helped.

7. larbac

larbac Member

Hi all,
    Same with me. HTC said it seems a faulty phone. To send it to them for investigation or go onto to the shop for replacement.

They also advised hard reset, which we know does not help.

I wonder if they need a phone with this problem so they can investigate and there are so many people with the same problem, how come one of their phones does not have the problem...

8. 1981

1981 Well-Known Member

I wont say it a fault, mine does tht too. but only when the screen light dims after the specified time. the white coloured portions of the os graphics turns pinkish till the screen light completly goes off. an amateurish look- i should say. dont think a hard reset could solve this issue

9. larbac

larbac Member

I got replace phone and seems that its better then other one I had but still you can see the problem. I am just gonna live with it :)