Can the Evo's picture and video quality be fixed through a software update

Last Updated:

1. verizyou

verizyou Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm a little disappointed with the Evo's camera and camcorder. It's kind of fuzzy and the sound is pretty bad. Is this a hardware issue or a software issue? Is there a hack you can do to make it better? I heard somewhere its a compression and fps issue. Please don't give me answers like "the Evo's quality is great" or "get a real camera". Much appreciated. Thanks

Advertisement
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

There are numerous threads already in existence on this, the posts number in the hundreds, you were more than likely alerted to them as soon as you entered your subject line.

First expectation in any forum is to read first and not expect people to regurgitate previous discussions.

That said, look around above this page, find the forum search tool, and start with any of the many posts here.

Short answers will be: adjust the camera, it's not great but it's very good for a phone if you spent a minute to adjust it, and that everyone seems to be looking into video and asking HTC to fix it.

zombdroid and heavychevy like this.
  3. iboombastic

iboombastic Well-Known Member

Pictures in ideal conditions are good. But indoor photos and videos suck.

4. newone757

newone757 Well-Known Member

played around with an iphone 4 today in store and its camera is extremely impressive, makes my evo photos look terrible in the same conditions. Hopefully better software optimizations can be made , especially for dimmer situations.

But my evo bested it in a few other categories though, but thats for another thread...

5. freeza

freeza Well-Known Member

I think it is entirely possible to cure the EVO's crappy video recording capabilities with a software update. Is it going to happen? Don't bet on it.

secretmethod70 likes this.
  6. heavychevy

heavychevy Well-Known Member

Get a real Camera.

7. newone757

newone757 Well-Known Member

I hate when people use this excuse. This is an all in one device. If all you wanna do is use it as a phone then buy a flip phone.

Thats the goal with these superphones, to replace everything else. What you think they advertise a 8mp camera for? with 720p video. ALl in one pcoketable device. I for one do not carry around a real camera in my pocket