• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can the Gio be tethered to a Playbook via non-wifi hotspot?

Anyway to tether my Samsung Gio on stock 2.3.4. Gingerbread firmware to my Playbook via Bluetooth? I heard that Bluetooth tethering would use less energy than using the wifi hotspot feature.

When I try to connect through bluetooth, the two devices pair up fine. But at the stage wherein the Playbook asks for the wireless provider, no settings seem to work out right (with Bell Mobility in Canada). The result is always my android phone cannot be found.

Has anybody been able to successfully tether over bluetooth their android phone and Playbook? Just wondering if I am stuck doing wifi hotspot, though it's just the battery drain I'm concerned about.

Thanks for any thoughts on bluetooth tethering!

Has anybody been able to successfully tether over bluetooth their android phone and Playbook? Just wondering if I am stuck doing wifi hotspot, though it's just the battery drain I'm concerned about.

Thanks for any thoughts on bluetooth tethering!

Playbook tethered over Bluetooth successfully with my cheap Mobilicity Htc Snap/maple, using the internet sharing app already installed on snap and internet tethering from playbook.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones