Can the HTC Sprint Hero be used on any other network

Last Updated:

1. Bill

Bill Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

Well Sprint pissed of a co-worker of mine after a few days after the 30 day mark and now wants nothing to do with Sprint. He loves the phone but like I said will have nothing to do with Sprint network. So I am wondering if he has any options with using it on any other network by possibly flashing the phone or something.

I believe he has settled everything with Spring paid the early termination fees and payed up on his bills. So does he have any options now?

Thank you

Bill

Advertisement
  2. jmxp69

jmxp69 Well-Known Member

Eris on VZW is $79 with 2yr contract right now. I don't believe you can move phones around from one CDMA network to another.

3. jmxp69

jmxp69 Well-Known Member

PS He could easily get $79 for a Hero on eBay as long as the ESN is clean.

4. Bill

Yeah, from what I understand it is technically possible but Verizon will not allow the HTC Sprint hero on their network, Just as Sprint would not allow the Eris on theirs. Which raise an interesting question when the Nexus one comes out for Verizon will sprint make concessions for that phone?

I mentioned this as well and he did not like the fact he would be in another contract. I think he paid a little over a hundred for the phone then had to pay $200 termination fee. So he has over $300 in the phone now.

BTW - how does one confirm he has a clean ESN? Does he have to call sprint?

Thanks

5. Bill

6. gv8217

gv8217 New Member

Hi all, I have a droid eris flashed to metropcs and it is working like a champ. Obviously metropcs just flashed the PRL to support voice/txt only. I had to go and make changes to EPST and APN's to enable email/mms and web browsing.

7. newman1411

newman1411 New Member

Hey gv8217 I just flashed A Sprint Hero to Metro down here in Tampa.....can you please share your changes on APN's to enable email and MMS Internet!

would be greatly appreciated!