• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Can the Hydro Icon be hooked up to HD TV?

Actually you can with the screen cast option since the update to kitkat os. I have a roku stick and it can stream to it. Goto settings, display, cast screen. Its worthless for games, theres a half second delay, good for movies...but roku is already going to have just about whatever, can view ur photos. But for games worthless, could get a keyboard.and.do some writing, again it up display 1080p this phone anyway. Plus my tv is circa 2007 and it would need the power blah blah, big pain in da arse.

Awesome phone either way, runs most games flawlessly.

Reactions: 03AccentVA
Upvote 0
Actually you can with the screen cast option since the update to kitkat os. I have a roku stick and it can stream to it. Goto settings, display, cast screen. Its worthless for games, theres a half second delay, good for movies...but roku is already going to have just about whatever, can view ur photos. But for games worthless, could get a keyboard.and.do some writing, again it up display 1080p this phone anyway. Plus my tv is circa 2007 and it would need the power blah blah, big pain in da arse.

Awesome phone either way, runs most games flawlessly.

Thanks for the tip! By chance does it cast everything on the screen? And if so does that include audio? I ask because the bar I go to lets the regulars use their chromecast, I use it for Spotify via Spoticast. I would rather lose Spoticast, while it works well it's still a little buggy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones