Can the Nexus 7 read blue ray files in excess of 3.99gbSupport

Last Updated:

1. Esha77

Esha77 Member

:confused: Hi there. I am getting a Nexus 7 in a few days, and my question is this: I have bought the OTG cable and plan on running an external, powered HD through it (after I buy the Media Importer that is) I have very large blue ray files on the external hard drive, some in excess of 6gb. Will the the Nexus 7 running MX Player be able to read these large files as they are, or will I have to convert them first?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Hey there Esha, i am going to move this thread into the Nexus 7 forums so actual Nexus 7 owners can provide the answers you are looking for :)
  3. sparksd

sparksd Well-Known Member

I have two large MP4 videos - one is 5.8GB, other is 4.4GB - on an NFS-formatted USB thumb drive that work fine with the h/w-s/w combo you are going to use. Have also run them off a powered HDD.

Dave
    Esha77 likes this.
  4. Esha77

Esha77 Member

Thanks for that. I'm assuming you mean the external devices are formatted to play these larger files, (which mine are) or do you mean the actual Nexus 7 has to be formatted as well?

Kerri
  5. sparksd

sparksd Well-Known Member

Yes, I meant the external devices could handle the large files using NFS. The stock Nexus 7, Media Importer with OTG cable, and MX Player worked with those just fine.

Dave
    Esha77 likes this.
  6. Esha77

Esha77 Member

Wow! many thanks! Now I am excited!

Kerri