Can the Sense UI be turned off?General

Last Updated:

1. droiddecar

droiddecar Active Member This Topic's Starter

Can the Sense UI be turned off easily? I prefer a phone without it and I've been waiting for the Nexus One for Verizon or Sprint. With the HTC Incredible coming out I'm starting to wonder if the Nexus One is going to be pushed out a little further to give Incredible sales time to build. My contract was up months ago and I really need a new phone. I'm thinking of maybe just biting the bullet and getting the Incredible if I can shut off Sense.

Advertisement
  2. lgldrgdlr

lgldrgdlr Well-Known Member

I would imagine you can. I have the eris now and can easily switch between sense, home or any other ui i out on it. root not necessary

3. Gevis

Gevis Well-Known Member

Yes. You can. Honestly its a lot better though. I know that's mostly opinion but its more polished and its been made to be an easier interface. If you havent, you should really give it a chance first. If you have, you fan change it.

4. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

There are rumors that you CANNOT turn off Sense with 2.1.

We'll know for sure when it comes out though!

5. soco352

soco352 Active Member

I've been looking to get my first android device which is going to be the INC, but I've seen several posts on these forums asking about turning off Sense. From the videos that I've seen it would seem that Sense adds to the experience of Android. Am I missing something? What's so bad about sense that everyone is asking to turn it off??

6. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Nothing is wrong with it. Some people prefer it and some don't. It is exclusive and customized to HTC android phones (from the factory).

It adds some cool features... but like features on a car, it isn't for everyone.

7. Teibidh

Teibidh Well-Known Member

There are always those of us that prefer native UI's as the original developers intended them, or a preference for more 'naked' or 'spartan' interfaces. That said, I will be using Sense. I like it on my wife's Eris well enough that when I found out i could get a 3.7 inch screen and Sense on the same phone without wasting space on a slide out keyboard that I won't use anyway I was ecstatic.