Can they all do the same stuff?

Last Updated:

1. GNS1310

GNS1310 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I keep hearing how Droid does this and droid does that. How customizable it is. Can the Incredible or other similar phones do the same exact things? Are they just different hardware? I don;t really like the "boxy" Droid and I wouldn't use the crappy physical keyboard either. I'm new to the android market!
    Is there anything the Droid does better than any of these new phones coming to Verizon soon? (Incredible/N1/etc)
    My contract is up in July, probably just going to wait to see what new phones Verizon will be getting.
    Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Snotrocket

Snotrocket Well-Known Member

Yes they all pretty much do the same thing as long as they're running the same version of Android.

3. mrmojoz

mrmojoz Well-Known Member

Only bad part about having a big ad compain targeting a single model of phone, the general public gets confused. Having to explain my "No, this isn't a Droid it just runs a version of the same OS." to people isn't as fun as it sounds.

4. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Actually I'm going to have to say no. The best example is the new evo4g supposedly being released in june/july. It has hdmi out, 4g wireless network, and htc sense. Only for sprint.

5. GNS1310

GNS1310 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

1st things 1st. Awesome Zelda avatar Iowa! Haha.
    I'll be sticking with Verizon and it looks like the Incredible is going to be the way to go. I'll see whats available in the coming months and go from there. Saw some cool apps on the android market and cool ways to customize the Moto Droid, was hoping they would be applicable to different models of phone. Appreciate all the help!

6. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

Software wise, HTC phones stand out from the rest because of Sense UI (HTC's home screen replacement) and custom apps & widgets. Otherwise they all do the same.