• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can this be done?

Rossco_Pee

Android Enthusiast
Dec 8, 2009
Iowa
I am working on a new layout for my UI and I am running into an icon issue. I am using LauncherPro and I want to use a different icon for actual app launcher. The icon I want to use is actually a bookmark icon for ING Direct (it is a small, orange circle). The only way I can get it to work is if I modify the settings to "swype up" for application launch. Unfortunately, if I press the icon I am taken to the ING direct website.

Is there a way to pull the icon out of my phone somehow in order to use it as a 'custom icon'? I hope someone can enlighten me. Cheers!

When I long press the launcher, it lets me select custom icon or LP icon. The app icon I want is in neither of these. I remember you mentioning that you used the nav icon for the launcher at some point. I can change the icon if change the shortcut, but then it doesn't open the app launcher. I bet you're really confused now...;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones