Can this phone be used on GoPhone?General

Last Updated: 2012-11-30 16:54:29
  1. bethanylm94

bethanylm94 New Member

I really want to get the Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket...but I need to know if it will work with AT&T's GoPhone plan? Does it need to be unlocked first?

Advertisement
  2. WA_Bob

WA_Bob VIP Member VIP Member

I believe you can - You'll have to buy the phone outright - either from AT&T or another third party retailer (either new or used) and use a Go Phone SIM. You may not be able to get 4G LTE service however so I check to see if you'd be better off with a standard 3G Galaxy II. (4G - HSPA+ should work, I believe)
  3. mmiller2002

mmiller2002 Well-Known Member

I would think that data charges would be steep. It's not able to be used without data...
  4. gsbritton

gsbritton New Member

The Skyrocket has been working fine on my GoPhone account for 5 days now. Without a data plan you cannot do anything data related. Text messages work but not SMS messages. WIFI works great, so if you can find a hotspot you can do any data related tasks except SMS. Officially ATT will tell you that a data plan is required with any smartphone but so far all is good.
  5. mmiller2002

mmiller2002 Well-Known Member

I think that they can detect a smartphone and may try to add a data plan. it happened to me, but not the GoPhone system, their regular contract plan.
  6. davidlb512

davidlb512 Active Member

Go with Straight Talk. I just ordered a Straight Talk SIM card from their website, and popped it in my Skyrocket, changed the APN settings to theirs, and everything has been just peachy ever since! $45/month for unlimited data/talk/text. Gotta love it.
  7. franklin2006

franklin2006 New Member

Hello there, so If get the straight talk simcard for my at&t galaxy s2 skyrocket it will work like its on at&t.... and all my features and stuff will work.... and do you have to unlock the phone
  8. davidlb512

davidlb512 Active Member

No need to unlock. Just order your Straight Talk SIM card, and the directions to set up the correct APN will be included when you receive the SIM. It works perfectly. I've been using mine all year.
  9. mgbmike

mgbmike Member

Just be aware that some of the AT&T bloatware won't work under Straight Talk.
    I've been using my non-rooted Skyrocket i727 for about 3 months with no Problems.