can U.S. Cellulars HTC Desire be flashed to Sprint?

Last Updated:

1. chinkster

chinkster Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

as title says...since us cellular has the htc desire, i was wondering if it can be flashed and used on sprint since sprint phones SUCK! either too huge or too small! i need a 3.7 inch high end phone!!

Advertisement
  2. jen8112

jen8112 Well-Known Member

No, Sprint will not activate non-Sprint branded phones.

3. silencer271

silencer271 Well-Known Member

though I wil say this I heard a rumor sprint maybe getting some kind of variant of the Desire... as what who knows could be the hero 2 instead of using the legend. Either way though ALOT Of phones are coming so keep the eyes open.

4. Pedestal4G

Pedestal4G Member

Hi my name is Adam and I represent Sprint and although we would like to, we cannot activate phones that are not under the Sprint CDMA network.

5. silencer271

silencer271 Well-Known Member

technically then sprint could activate any Verizon phone and US cellular and cricket since they roam under the sprint CDMA network.. but thats not why they dont activate them the offical word is programming them to work is the issue but personally I know the real reason is they want you to buy from sprint. Since all the CDMA carriers as of right now use the same bands. It wouldnt be hard to program a droid 2 to work on sprint. But since the ESN is not in the sprint system it wont work. I wish congress would approve the intercarrier allowing you to take your phone to another network and allowing it to be activated no questions asked (as long as its the same type of carrier)

6. chinkster

chinkster Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

tell sprint to fire whoever is choosing their phone selection then!! sprint is picking up all the garbage phones that other carriers dont even want!!