• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

can U.S. Cellulars HTC Desire be flashed to Sprint?

Hi my name is Adam and I represent Sprint and although we would like to, we cannot activate phones that are not under the Sprint CDMA network.

technically then sprint could activate any Verizon phone and US cellular and cricket since they roam under the sprint CDMA network.. but thats not why they dont activate them the offical word is programming them to work is the issue but personally I know the real reason is they want you to buy from sprint. Since all the CDMA carriers as of right now use the same bands. It wouldnt be hard to program a droid 2 to work on sprint. But since the ESN is not in the sprint system it wont work. I wish congress would approve the intercarrier allowing you to take your phone to another network and allowing it to be activated no questions asked (as long as its the same type of carrier)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones