Can undesiredable apps like blockbuster be deleted ?Support

1. you2

you2 Well-Known Member

Can preinstalled aps like block buster be deleted ?

Advertisement
  2. VIO

VIO Well-Known Member

perhaps, most likely no, unless you have Root access, which is not the way it comes out of the box. We have to wait till the talented developers have their way with the phone
  3. kdkinc

kdkinc Well-Known Member

Great question seeing that BlockBuster SEEMS to be having tough money times and maybe on the way out:eek:

:cool::cool:
  4. Yeah i hope we are able to remove those apps
  5. you2

you2 Well-Known Member

From chatting with friends who have verizon smartphones it sounds like you can't delete them unless you have root and root will be very difficult on the droid x. Man I feel sorry for them folks with the fascinate and bing.
    --
    My biggest concern is that i accidently click something in a hurry from the application launcher or I get spammed with verizon ads which eats up my battery (one of my friends said there are verizon ads you can't disable)
  6. kdkinc

kdkinc Well-Known Member

The VZW business plan involves turning a great phone into a ATM for VZW. VZW CrapWare is always the first to go once a phone can be rooted.
    I like VZW service.
    BUT.
    I really believe that Android through VZW will still be way than the WP7. WP7,Talk about a ball and chain device!!!:eek:

:cool::cool: