Can we delete the autostart apps instead

Last Updated:

1. androy

androy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ignore my title.. I meant the autostart entries and not autostart apps. I cant edit it now.

Instead of deleting cityId completely off of the phone can we just delete the autostart entry? That way cityId will still be in the phone but it just wont start at boot.

For example, a lot of people had a problem with removing HTC Facebook. I hate that it always starts up at boot but I would feel more comfortable for it to still be there if need be.

I dont know if any of this is even possible but when I root I would like to have the option.

Thanks for your feedback.

Advertisement
  2. paimon.soror

paimon.soror Well-Known Member

You could try using an app like this to do the job if you have successfully rooted:

Autostarts - Android app on AppBrain

3. jasonb1985

jasonb1985 Well-Known Member

autostarts does work, so yes you could do this. i didn't want expired crap on my phone so i deleted it.

4. Yaksha

Yaksha Well-Known Member

I installed autostarts and went through and disabled a bunch of apps that appear in "After Startup" and rebooted the phone. However, there are still several apps starting up with my phone that I want to turn off (I don't want to delete them completely, just prevent them from starting up when my phone does.

These include Slick Deals RSS Feeds and Pandora. Also, I disabled Maps from starting up with the phone, but it still appears to start after a reboot.

5. ooz

ooz Active Member

Autostarts is not working for me either. there appear to be some apps that cannot be disabled.

Anyone know how to reach the developer?