can we do a screen shot with the bionic yet?Support

1. elcameano

elcameano Well-Known Member

Is rooting the only way we can get the capability to do a screen shot?

Advertisement
    :
  2. sm24

sm24 Active Member

Screen grabber from the market works even though the description says it requires root. Under advanced settings, uncheck root required and it works fine on stock bionic
    Joe Eris, Duckster, rcaine and 5 others like this.
  3. elcameano

elcameano Well-Known Member

Thank you!
  4. dave1812

dave1812 Well-Known Member

how do you get screengrabber to do screen shots? (other than the shake feature).

NM. figured it out by trial/error.
  5. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

What is the best app for taking screen shots on a Bionic that is not Root-ed?

What is the best app for taking screen shots on a Bionic that is Root-ed?

... Thom
  6. schembfs

schembfs Active Member

Screen Grabber worked for me... No root required. Just long press of the search button to capture.
    Duckster and HarleyG33k like this.
  7. Thom

Long-click the Search key and choose ScreenGrabber.

... Thom
    dave1812 likes this.
  8. HotDawg

HotDawg Well-Known Member

I rooted so I could use Screen Shot It, then unrooted and it still works just fine. I don't know if this would work on a never-rooted phone, though.
  9. dave1812

dave1812 Well-Known Member

ahem. screen grabber works FINE on an unrooted phone. :)
  10. Thom

I tried Screen Shot It on an unrooted phone and the color shifts were astonshingly bad. I gave up.

I had very good luck with Screen Grabber ... except ... it insists on creating 72dpi images. I take each image to Paint Shop Pro and resize it to ...

252dpi, 544x960 pixles

A sample showing my home screen i attached ... (Yes I keep the center panel of the home screen clear and it is my project work/demonstration area. This also hides things I care about from casual observatrion by others. Clicking the time selects my calendar. Clicking the date selects Weather bug Elite.)

... Thom

Attached Files:

• one.jpg
      one.jpg
      File size:
      98.1 KB
      Views:
  11. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Power and home button doesn't work for the bionic?
  12. HotDawg

HotDawg Well-Known Member

Sadly, no.

And I didn't say ScreenGrabber wouldn't work! :) It might work fine, just throwing known options out there.

Screen Shot It for unrooted phones did not work for me - it's the version for rooted.
  13. gakbdroid

gakbdroid Member

I just loaded Screen Grabber for my non-rooted Bionic and it works just fine. I did have to uncheck the root box as suggested for it to work. However, it sits on my notification bar all the time so it is running all the time. I tried to set it to turn off after 2 minutes in Task Manager but that doesn't seem to stop it. Other than using battery it doesn't seem to interfere with my phone operations. It would be nice to know how to stop it other than a force stop and that says it could effect the operation...so I'm afraid to do a force stop. It is so nice to be able to take a screen shot!!
  14. Thom

In ScreenGrabber check ...

Settings | Advanced Options | Exit after capture

... Thom
    gakbdroid likes this.
  15. rich6661

rich6661 Well-Known Member

The Dolphin browser has an add-on that captures the entire screen or any part or portion you choose and saves it to the SD card to share or print or whatever. The capture part of the screen is sizable.
  16. hexoneism

hexoneism Member

Screen grabber did not work on my un-rooted Bionic. Even after I unchecked the "root access needed" option. Every time I tried to grab a screen shot, it saids" unknown error acquiring image from device"... so I use the power and volume down option. Although its loud. Btw does anyone know how to silence it??
  17. Thom

Duckster likes this.
  18. hexoneism

hexoneism Member

i checked out the tip, couldnt find the app on the market. and my comp wont open it...
  19. hexoneism

hexoneism Member

OK now I've downloaded it onto my phone and it appeared on my notification bar, I clicked on it, expecting to open up a menu, but nothing... what did I do wrong?
  20. Thom

Copy the file to your SD-Ext card. Using the Files app ... select it and it will install.

If it is installed there will be an icon in the App drawer. Click on that to run it and select the only option provided.

... Thom
  21. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Don't you have to change the setting to allow unknown sources first? Where is that setting in ICS?
  22. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member Guide

settings-security & screen lock unknown sources
  23. Thom

Yes ... I changed it to include that in ... ICS Screenshot / ICS Silent Screenshot ... but not the other threads on the same subject.

Sorry for the confusion.

... Thom
  24. manderle

manderle Well-Known Member

If your on ICS the hit the vol down and power button at the same time and hold it for a sec. The built in screen grabber works
  25. Thom

Absolutely correct ... and ... ICS Screenshot / ICS Silent Screenshot ... tells you how to remove the loud click every time you take a screenshot.

... Thom