Can we get some stickies?

Last Updated:

1. Mama Luigi

Mama Luigi Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am a new owner of a Samsung Moment and I'm sort of interested in rooting. Unfortunately whenever anyone asks for noob-friendly directions, they are told (sometimes quite rudely) to "use the search" because there are "discussions everywhere."

Unfortunately, for total noobs like me, many of these discussions are not the most helpful. They may be out of date, and inevitably a search turns up ten "how do I root?" posts (with the same unhelpful replies) for every "how to do X" post. And many of the guides use lingo that goes over my head.

Most forums that deal with complex things like these have several stickies at the top of each forum, to get you started. Sometimes even just one sticky with a bunch of links to helpful discussions. Why aren't there any helpful stickies here? I've basically given up on ever rooting my Moment since I can't find simple instructions anywhere. The Moment doesn't have the same following as big-ticket phones like the Droid and Nexus One, so it's harder to find guides at all.

In lieu of stickies... anyone want to link me to a guide? :D

Advertisement