Can we import one and use it on Verizon's networkGeneral

Last Updated:

1. ericshun

ericshun New Member

Since the phone is compatible with many frequencies, can I use it on Verizon's network? What about 4G?

2. schriss

schriss Member

Don't know about Verizon, but I compared Padfone 2 specs with my old phone that worked for me here to make sure it works on the same bands and then googled a bit to find out about local LTE and which bands they are using for it. So for me it appears International version would work. But I also know there is another version with US bands (700/1700?) so you would probably want to research before importing.
  3. Red Devil

Red Devil Well-Known Member

Are you sure about the US version? I've only seen one version of the phone and it does not support Verizon's LET band
  4. schriss

schriss Member

I haven't seen US version available but I remember two US versions were promised.
    I bought International version for myself and it works here as expected.
  5. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

There are no phones which are able to be imported that will work on Verizon's network. They have set it up to require network certification of all phones on their network. As such they only allow phones they sell to operate on it.
  6. Red Devil

Red Devil Well-Known Member

I don't understand why Asus aren't targeting the US market. The phone looks really good and the specs are top-notch as well. I'd buy this phone in a heartbeat even if it sells for $700 as I'd get a tablet and a phone at that price. Besides, I have the unlimited LTE plan with Verizon which I want to hold on to.

I am not sure why they aren't looking to make a US version available before the holiday season.