1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Can we please get a decent Instant Messenger app like beejive

Last Updated:

1. craigrn16

craigrn16 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Why can't we just get a good IM app like beejive for android? I have an iPod Touch and every IM app I've seen in the apple app store blows anything we got. Meebo, ebuddu, hi aim, yahoo and all that other crap sucks compared to the iPhone IMs. Is there a way to contact google or someone incharge of the market place to add more IM apps?

Advertisement
  2. blackvyper

blackvyper Well-Known Member

I personally use eBuddy.. although the java version on my Sony Ericsson allows for photo transfers I don't really miss it in the Android version. I can chat on Facebook, MSN & Yahoo at once with no problems.. and these are just the services I use. Android is far better than the iClone but no one needs to beat a dead horse. Keep checking the market.. they are adding new apps all the time.

3. craigrn16

I hear you, eBuddy is ok, but take for example the simple yahoo messenger app for iPod touch has so much more features than any of our apps. All I want is an app that 1. Stays logged on 2. Allow you to see your friend pic icon 3. Allow you to see your own pic icon and change it 4. Be able to send files/pic and be able to recieve files. Oh and send smilies forgot to say that one. I've e-mailed ebuddy and meebo's developer to ask If they could add these simple features and I got no response so I guess they don't care. I mean I'm willing to pay if I have to

4. Damian

Damian Member

Meebo from what ive heard

5. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Well-Known Member

Anyone know if Beejive is coming to Android?

6. kofspades

kofspades Member

I am sure if you asked Google nicely, they would write an app to use Yahoo!'s IM service.

7. OZFive

OZFive Well-Known Member

I saw this on the Beejive forums dated March 18th 2009, there was no further word since then....

8. Polymira

Polymira Well-Known Member

This is one thing I absolutely miss on the iPhone (and the one case where I prefer push notifications over running app in the background). Beejive is amazing, and was the 1st app I decided to ever actually purchase on my old iPhone.

Android is seriously lacking in the IM department, which bothers me ... I use ebuddy if i need to IM someone on the go, but I never once have enjoyed using it, meebo, or hello aim.

9. craigrn16

Yea I totally agree. If I'm in a wifi area I'm I'll use beejive on my iTouch but on the go I use the depressing meebo or ebuddy

10. OZFive

OZFive Well-Known Member

I know it is a thread broght back from the dead, but it seems there is news here!

Beejive forums front page...

[​IMG]

There was a link to sign up for Beta testing, but it is dead as of today though.