Can you bypass security when Exchange setup?Support

Last Updated:

1. stauren1203

stauren1203 Well-Known Member

I just got my GN2 on Friday and I love it. However, this morning I setup my Exchange email for my work email, and at the end of the setup it made me do a secure lock screen with either a PIN or password and I do not like this. Is there a way to make it so I can go back to my swipe to unlock with exchange setup?

BTW, I am rooted, but I thought I would ask here first.

2. stauren1203

3. psifry

psifry Member

Configure the phone using an IMAP connection if your company allows it. Or have them turn off the security policy that forces it. (Not likely going to happen).
  4. twister6

twister6 Guides Guide

Don't remember off top of my head, but I posted the same question awhile ago. Someone at XDA-developers forum had a solution, but it wasn't pretty one. In addition to being rooted you also had to install a "fixed" version of Exchange, and it was do-it-a-your-own-risk type of deal in case if your company will find out.

I know its annoying as hell, I have to deal with it every day. But the least you can do is to set lock time-out to 30 min thus you don't have to constantly type in the code every minute you need to use your phone. This way it will time out "naturally", and you always have up to 30min window to turn the screen back on without punching the code.
  5. twister6

twister6 Guides Guide

6. stauren1203

Thanks, I'll give this a try. My company is small and the IT guy isn't a genius so I wont get "in trouble" for bypassing any security measures.
  7. stauren1203

I hate to be that guy, but can you possible write up a slightly clearer "how-to" for me?

Nevermind, step 6 was as easy as it looked. I was afraid I was overlooking something.