• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can You Change 'Primary' Gmail Account?

I had to have a factory reset a couple of weeks ago and did not realize at the time that it made a difference which Gmail account was entered first. I really need to set a different account as the 'primary', but the only option for doing this seems to be another factory reset which will be a real PITA since I just got everything reloaded and the phone is running pretty well.

I saw some instructions on another part of this forum which said that you could delete the data from Google Apps, but that is not an option and the other options (e.g., clear cache) are dimmed.

Thoughts? Advice?

This account is required by some applications. You can only delete it by resetting the phone to factory defaults (which deletes all your personal data). You do that in the Settings application, under About phone

Unfortunately, that doesn't quite do the trick. I went through and deleted/cleared data and cache for all the applications that had to do with Google, calendars and contacts. I've got it so only her gmail contacts show up now (I changed my gmail password) but I can't get it to use her Google account as the primary and access her calendar and RSS feeds and such...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones