• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can you change save paths: Camera & Browser Downloads?

vido.ardes

Android Expert
Oct 17, 2009
Kent, UK
I would like to change where the camera and the browser save files by default, but I can't find out how (or even if it can be done). I have done some searching but no one seems to have asked the same question (mayby it is obvious!)

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Not that I'm aware of. The browser controls the downloads folder but doesn't appear to have an option for changing it. Maybe others have experience with Opera Mini or one of the other browsers (although I seem to remember reading there were issues with Hero compatibility).

The DCIM folder created by the camera is something of an industry standard AFAIK. Stands for Digital Camera IMages and you get the same folder created on Canon cameras and my old N73 (or SE W901 - can't remember which!!) used to do the same.

Sorry. Not particularly helpful :eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones