• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can you change the white header?

kheovnien

Jun 3, 2010
the droid x has a bright white header (top banner area on the screen that displays the time, reception, and other icons) that stands out. I'm not too familiar with android but is there a way to change this to black similar to HTC phones? are there apps in the marketplace?
thanks!

1. The Notification Bar colour cannot be changed unless your phone is rooted.
2. Piercing Heavens, the white bar is not Motorola's thing, it is stock Android's thing. And the Droid X runs stock Android.
3. HTC Sense comes with a black Notification Bar, and I hate it. I wish my Eris was rootable so I could change it to the much sexier white one.

Upvote 0
A cool feature is that if you're on a call and you go to the home screen, the white bar pulses green to let you know that it's still going on. A small little feature but cool nonetheless.
yeah, my iphone 3G does this too. u tap the green bar to go back to the call screen. but my iphone homescreen bar is solid black. i've been told you can change the bar color if the phone is rooted, but will this be possible on the droid x? i know there is a huge debate on the signed bootloader and all. does that affect something like this?

Upvote 0
this is funny...

those who have white, want black

those who have black, want white....

the grass is always greener :rolleyes:

It depends what kind of look you're going for on your phone. My X currently has the City at Night live wallpaper, and the white bar looks horrible. I've rooted the phone, now I just gotta figure out how to change it...

Upvote 0
yeah, my iphone 3G does this too. u tap the green bar to go back to the call screen. but my iphone homescreen bar is solid black. i've been told you can change the bar color if the phone is rooted, but will this be possible on the droid x? i know there is a huge debate on the signed bootloader and all. does that affect something like this?

The Droid X can be rooted. There are those who have black bars. It is on my list of things to do as I just rooted my phone a couple days ago via EasyRoot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones