• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can you create subfolders?

Ruggar

May 2, 2010
Does anyone know how to create subfolders? I created a folder to locate all of my Directions & Navigations shortcuts. I'd like to create subfolders to organize them. I can't seem to figure this out. I also tried searching for the folder name using Astro and making sure I was pointed at the device not the sdcard and came up empty. That actually brings up another questions. If I create a directory on one of the home screens. What is the path to that directory?

I'm not sure this will help but to my opinion, what is created on a desktop when you create a "folder" is not really a folder. This would explain why you can't put another folder in it (aka subfolder). I think it is more like a shortcut to a list of shortcuts (!) and thus, it doesn't show as a folder in Astro.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones