Can you delete the .apk files?Support

Last Updated:

1. idle19

idle19 Member This Topic's Starter

i am in the need to free up space and i have found a lot of .apk files stored on the local phone memory. can i remove these files to free up space?

Advertisement
  2. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

I believe you need to be rooted to delete apk files.

Make sure if you do delete apk's, you know exactly which ones you delete, deleting the wrong ones may cause issues

idle19 likes this.
  3. idle19

idle19 Member This Topic's Starter

alright. thanks for the info. rep

4. doesgo

doesgo Well-Known Member

If you root and remove .apk files (after doing some research on which ones you can remove, try the "All Things Root" section of this forum), I'd suggest you just add a ".bak" to the end of the filenames and copy them to your SD card or a PC in case you experience problems resulting from their removal (so you can put them back where they belong).

5. androidtp

androidtp Well-Known Member

if you do decide to take the plunge, you can download "titanium backup" and delete the apps you don't want, even stock

glenkissel likes this.
  6. johnny124

johnny124 Well-Known Member

How do you uninstall apps using titanium back up? I have it installed but don't see where you can uninstall apps

7. androidtp

Select the app from backup/restore then click the uninstall button

glenkissel, Gambit and johnny124 like this.
  8. johnny124

johnny124 Well-Known Member

Well as fate would have it I accidentally deleted the HTC clock/weather widget. Does anyone know how I can get that back or do I have to re-flash?

P.S. Do I really need GScript or Java? I am ROM ZEN root. Thanks

9. androidtp

i'd just reflash..i don't think you'll be able to get that back if you deleted a sense widget..unless you just went to the market and downloaded another clock/weather widget..not sure what gscript is but i'd keep the java.. be careful on wha you're deleting..some files are needed..i would think the java is running some of ur app's graphics so it would be bad if u got rid of that

9/10 if you don't kno wha you're deleting, DON'T delete. only delete wha you're sure you don't need like sprint nascar :)

10. jc1001

jc1001 New Member

Regetting the clock back - check this post Home Screen Widget Restore - HTC EVO? 4G (Sprint) - Android Forums - HTC Community - I did the same (dragged it in to the bin while trying to check the notification area), and was able to get it back - it's about variation 4 or 5 in the HTC clock widget.

Regards,
    Jim.