Can you delete the apps that came on Droid X?Support

Last Updated:

1. nestler16

nestler16 Member This Topic's Starter

It's not a huge deal, but it would be nice if I could clean up the app page and get rid of some of the crap I will never use and only have the apps I want in there.

Advertisement
  2. Droid Commando

Droid Commando Well-Known Member

No way to get rid of them other than rooting the phone and loading a custom ROM.

When I try uninstalling, it just says "Uninstall did not complete successfully"

3. PurePursuit

PurePursuit Well-Known Member

Yea that is frustrating isn't it? I understand why from a profit stand point they bundle these useless apps in there, but to prevent us from removing them is a little bit of an FU eat it move. The Blockbuster icon is unsightly and for that reason alone I want to remove it from my app drawer (not to mention who the hell pays for a single movie anymore thats not in theaters).

4. nestler16

nestler16 Member This Topic's Starter

yea wow coming from an iphone i thought being able to delete or keep whatever you want would be a no brainer on android....

5. NKT

NKT Well-Known Member

It's similar to the core apps on the iPhone....

6. Sek0n

Sek0n Well-Known Member

It's more a motorola/htc/etc. thing than an android thing. It sucks though, I hate having those apps too. It drives me nuts having stuff on my phone that I'll never even look at. lol

7. tranceFusion

tranceFusion Well-Known Member

is there any way to at least get rid of the icon from the app drawer?

8. blugrss4ever

blugrss4ever Well-Known Member

If not get rid of the icon, is it possible to create folders (launcherpro?) and stick the unused icons in a "useless app" folder?

9. nolacoyote

nolacoyote New Member

I agree with all of the above...I find having a Blockbuster App polluting my phone, even tho I will never use it, to be offensive and insulting. (In case anyone isn't aware, they are a Moral Majority-affiliated company and have always edited things out of movies, going back to when people actually rented vids from the store). This annoys as much as if there were a Fox News App. planted on my phone...actually, that's not true---a Fox news App. would force me to take the phone back...

10. Foolish Mortal

Foolish Mortal Well-Known Member

Too bad that there's not a "No Thanks" button for the obsessive compulsives who can't seem to keep their political views from bleeding into a thread about cell phones.

tsanuri likes this.
  11. tsanuri

tsanuri Well-Known Member

And in a first post on this site none the less.