Can you determine the build date by the box?

Last Updated:

1. blackhemi

blackhemi Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Im going to exchange my Cappy at bestbuy today. I had 100% battery when I woke up, make an 3 min call, browsed for about 15 minutes and im down to 70%. I normally have to charge it 2 or more times a day. The battery usage thing shows display using 70%. That seems a bit high. Its on its lowest brightness setting too

Then the GPS thing. it would be nice if that worked. Im going to love this phone one way or another!

My phone was built on 7/10/2010, the battery was 7/4/2010. Is there an easy way to tell if its a newer build or not? Does anyone know the IEMI breakdown?

Advertisement
  2. Cloudtech

Cloudtech Member

How did you find out when the phone was built? I can see when the battery was built.

3. blackhemi

if you register it at samsungs site, it will tell you the date it was built

4. blackhemi

bump

I still have not exchanged it yet. Anyone know of another way to get the build date without registering it with samsung?

5. MeVirtually

MeVirtually Active Member

Not sure of a way, not even sure when mine was built, but it's my second, from the second shipment my Best Buy got. Exchanged my first for hopes of better luck with GPS, which I still had to tweak. I did keep the original battery since I had gotten it to start lasting a full day after two full weeks of struggling, and I didn't want to deal with that ever again. My battery shows a date of 6/28.

Right now, been off the charger 5 hours and battery's at 60% but was running IM for a few hours and checking social updates a few times. By the way, the built-in browser has it's own brightness setting that can be accessed from the browser's menu, if you haven't lowered that one yet.