• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can you do more stuff on a Android or iPhone

Foopsz

Feb 16, 2012
I Jailbroke My Brother iPhone and there is so many more apps on there and seems like there's alot more stuff on a iPhone then on a Rooted Android. They have somthing called Dreamboard theres a theme called Endroid and makes it look just like android i wish Android had All these Apps.

Like What i already Tryed All the roms and all that plus my friend just got a iPhone 4GS im Jelly Now!!!! I have download all the roms and Tried them is there anything really cool on android i dont know about.

Just look up Jailbreak apps theres like 1000000000000 of them and nothing like that on android.

But i Love android and i love what you guys are doing for the Motorola Triumph.

Upvote 0
Like What i already Tryed All the roms and all that plus my friend just got a iPhone 4GS im Jelly Now!!!! I have download all the roms and Tried them is there anything really cool on android i dont know about.

Just look up Jailbreak apps theres like 1000000000000 of them and nothing like that on android.

Something like this fit your needs? I ported it to the Optimus V but didn't like it too much.
[ROM][2.3.7] JOYOS v1.0.8 [2/13/2012] - xda-developers

Upvote 0
Perhaps people here could offer android apps that offer the functionality if you give us some ideas of what apps you think are "missing"... Anyway, doesn't something like this really belong in Android Lounge or Android Applications?

For what it's worth... DreamBoard just seems to be a themeing platform. Are you looking for a theme for your phone? What ROM are you using?

Upvote 0
to be brutally honest the iphone is a great phone. is it worth 70 a month?? not to me. You need to ask yourself this question. whether or not people want to admit it, iOS and Android are converging and the differences are decreasing. Is the triumph as nice as the 4s? no. does cost the same? no. You need to do a price/performance analysis before you make this decision. dont forget contract too. Honestly at 70 a month it better give me a handy.

Upvote 0
illegally yes. haha People do it thought there Ton's that do it.

Yea I know they do... If I really wanted to I probably could too... Will I ever do it? no...

Anyways about IOS vs android... The thing with IOS is to get customization you have to jailbreak whereas android you can right out of the box. I personally never will own an iPhone. Have I ever owned one? No. And I may be a bit biased, but with android you can do so much more. Granted there are some apps that are on IOS that I wished were on android, but for the most part it doesn't bother me. My main complaint about iPhone's is they are built very cheaply yet they charge an arm and a leg for them. But to each their own. It's ultimately up to personal preference.

Upvote 0
Comparing an iPhone 4S to the Triumph is like comparing a Jaguar to a Ford Taurus. I think we'd all have iPhone's if they were $35 a month for an unlimited data plan with 300 minutes.

I would rather pay $70 a month for an android than $30 a month for the 4S... Just saying...

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Let me be brief, or not. All, and I mean "ALL", the iPhone has going for it is app developement. Apples market is booming at the moment, and it has been like that for a while. Apps are easy to develope due to closed source, leaving only their devices which have relatively similar hardware. Google has improved services and expanded a lot in the past few years. I'll take a guess and say that by Q3 this year, with a release of a Nexus Tablet, and also the expansion of the Market with Magazines, audiobooks, and TV shows, Google will come out on top. App development has increased, daily activations increase, hardware continues to get better, features and improvements continue to be added. Come 2013, I say Google will officially be like Microsoft(in terms of Smartphones), they will dominate the Market for decades.

Upvote 0
I have many opinions on this subject but basically Apple/iOS is a bit simpler, more intuitive, and is just trendy.

Android is just awesome. There is a little learning curve, but once learnt, you have much more power to customize and do what you want/how you want with Android. Maybe you should try MIUI. Its theming library/abilities are pretty extensive, so its very customizable, and it can do many of the things in that video natively w/o having to install an app.

I have yet to find an app on iOS that I wanted that doesn't have an equivalent on android. And yes I do have experience with iOS- I have had an iPad loaned out to me from work for longer than I have had Android.

And so yes if I could get the iPhone for the same price/rate, I would still definitely choose Android.

Upvote 0
I like the iPhone/iOS better. I've been using it for years and have grown accustomed to it that switching to Android still isn't easy. The Apps are far and away better (and there's a lot more too). Most Android apps lack that 'sheen' that Apple apps have.

I wish I had an iPhone, but I'm on the same page about the plans and price. The plans are too expensive for what I want to do and I am unable to get anything on contract so if I wanted one I have to buy one outright. I suppose it looks like I have to pick up another iPod Touch.

Upvote 0

There is nothing like a million jailbreak apps because Android isn't fundamentally broken the way the iPhone is.

The Android Market (now happy Play Store) is more open than the App Store and if you want something straight from a developer, you don't need to root an Android, you check a box under settings.

And no, the App Store is not safer with better protection.

Android is Linux. Think, unix. The name of the admin user (like, same admin user on a PC) is root.

If you want to expand your Android control, you get root, or admin, access.

If you want more on an iPhone, you have to break out of jail.

Note the difference, and note that one is broken by design.

I don't know where to move this thread to, it's likely to have the same fate as others like it in no time.

Reactions: ninja_reject
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones