can you download different keyboards?Support

Last Updated: 2010-09-15 13:45:59
  1. incrediblenotinstock

incrediblenotinstock Well-Known Member

i want to download the htc keyboard, is there a way to do that without downloading better keyboard from the market?

Advertisement
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Try Googling it. HTC.ime should give you results you want.
    incrediblenotinstock likes this.
  3. Teegunn

Teegunn Well-Known Member

I've tried almost every keyboard available. I prefer Swype. Actually the stock keyboard on the X is very nice if you don't want a gesture keyboard like Swype.
  4. vtroid5

vtroid5 Well-Known Member

what if I want swipe for portrait and multi-tap for landscape?
  5. kiter86

kiter86 Active Member

I would also love to see this. I know that the swype landscape has multi tap, but the keys are smaller
  6. incrediblenotinstock

7. mikepic

mikepic Well-Known Member

Coming from an iPhone I always felt the spacebar was too small.

Smart Keyboard fixed that problem for me. IMO best keyboard on the market (non swype) and I've tried most of them to remedy my problem.
    Kevmueller likes this.
  8. zandroidx

zandroidx Well-Known Member

Download tasker. It lets you automate everything. Some scripting involved, so this isn't for newbs. But it's not difficult, from what I understand. A friend of mine does stuff like automatically disabling the keyguard when he's connected to his home AP, automatically starts music when he plugs in headphones, wifi turns on and brightness goes up when connected to power, etc. So what you are asking for should be doable.
  9. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

You need to start your own thread with this!!!! Alot of people would love to have this. Just be sure to add that they need to use the v27 high res or froyo high res.

I've already themed up my UT keyboard!

edit...Doh! didn't noticed that it was YOU who started this thread lol. Still though.... Great find!

[​IMG]
  10. incrediblenotinstock

haha i think i should start a thread just about this website, but i didnt even make the website.. haha so idkk but the site def is awesome.
  11. jreed2560

It sure is. If you do, just be sure to acknowledge the website. And not take credit for the work. Then it will be all good!
  12. incrediblenotinstock

ehh ill play it safe if you want to you can! i feel like more people would look at your post as opposed to mine bc you are more well known
  13. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

I started one a few weeks ago and it got buried somewhere.

Here's a pic of my keyboard:

[​IMG]
  14. incrediblenotinstock

[​IMG]
    monster keyboard :)
  15. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

16. jwbeeler

jwbeeler Well-Known Member

+1000 ;)
  17. Airmaxx23

I actually stopped using this keyboard a week or so ago, it uses up a lot of memory.
  18. jwbeeler

jwbeeler Well-Known Member

Which keyboard? From the listed website?
  19. Airmaxx23

Yup, I really like it but it was using 14.5MB or so of available memory which was the most on my list of running programs/apps.
  20. jreed2560

when you say uses up memory, do you mean it lags, or just that it was a big file?
  21. dB Zac

dB Zac Well-Known Member

NO...well yes there is a way but Google enforcers will brake down your door like its a meth lab and take your woman and children. If you dont have women or children in your life, they will travel into the future and take the women and children you haven't even had yet!
  22. dB Zac

dB Zac Well-Known Member

does this keyboard have predictive text function tailored to people with the caffeine shakes? Cuz I need that on a sun morning, who am I kidding, those are DTE shakes
  23. Airmaxx23

I like to check (using System Panel) to see how much memory the programs/apps are using while running or sitting idle in the background. The keyboard alone was using 14.5mb of memory which was more than anything else.
  24. Airmaxx23

Yes, the keyboard has a lot of customization available.
  25. jreed2560

haha funny, did you read thru the whole thread? because the HTC keyboard is out there for all to download free of charge. Or maybe I just don't get the joke? :eek: