• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can you forward an email as an mms???

yelley

Lurker
Jan 8, 2010
I have been searching and reading through a lot of these posts and I'm sure has probably been mentioned, but I can't find it.

I am coming from the Storm and with one of my email accounts I had to forward emails to someone without an email account. I was able to on the Storm forward it as an mms and they recieved it on their phone that way.

My question, is there a way to forward my pop3 email as an mms or similar so that I dont have to re-type these emails as sms/mms texts?

Hope that wasn't confusing and sorry again if it has already been addressed.

BTW, I have the Droid Eris

I don't know if there is a way to forward an e-mail as an mms, but I think you should be able to "Copy All" of an e-mail (if you hold the screen down long enough) and then "Paste" it into a message. I know, it may be a bit of work, but I can't think of anything else.

I don't think you can copy from an email {I can't on my Magic} hence the reason for the app inserty which allows this function :)

Upvote 0
Any time I try and copy and paste from the emails, it only post a portion of the email. The portion that gets pasted is basically giberish.

These emails are computer generated leads that list persons name, number, address, etc.

I tried the inserty and it still only copies a portion of the email (usually some numbers that mean nothing).

The way I am doing it is by long pressing on the screen and selecting "copy text" then I go the the message icon and where you input your message I long press and select "paste". Does not work....

Any help with this would save me so much time.....

I dont want to go back to a BB.... I love this phone, but hate having to write down all this info and re-type into sms.

Thanks to all for any input :)

Upvote 0
There is a round about way to cut copy paste an email on the droid.
Open the email and select forward. Send to (your 10digit phone# )@vzpix.com. Basically you are just forwarding yourself a mms message thru verizon. Once you received the forwarded email as a mms, open the mms and in the text field, not the input text area but rather on the forwarded text it's self, click on forward message then go to the text input box and long press and select copy all. It is now on the clipboard and can now be pasted into any note app or where ever.

Hope this helps, a he'll of a process to go thru just to copy an email.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones