1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Can you help me find a very specific bar code app?

Last Updated:

1. Loopy

Loopy New Member This Topic's Starter

I'm a listmaker for The Grocery Game so each week I take in hundreds of available coupons into the store then check the price of each item, handwriting the size of the product, normal price, sale price, and end date of the sale. All of those things are imbedded into the shelf tag or sale tag and I thought if I could find an app that would scan the bar code and grab that information, I could breeze through the store - right now it takes several hours.

All the bar code scanning apps I've found just either list the product and show prices taken from the internet or want to add the product to a shopping list. What I need is something that simply reads the bar code info.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. Whiskeypawz

Whiskeypawz Well-Known Member

3. ekz13

ekz13 Well-Known Member

I would almost think you need one of those "pads and price guns" you always see the inventory people using to pull all the associated bar code data...

or..

find someone really really nice looking for a challange to make the custom app for ya?

4. w_bovine

w_bovine Well-Known Member

I don't know enough about this sort of thing to be sure, but I came across this:

Keyboard Barcodescanner, Free - Android app on AppBrain

Barcode Software / RFID Software / Mobile Tagging / DAQ: Barcode Scanner Keyboard for Android

5. coupe

coupe New Member

how are those items in the shelf tag, just text? or is it all in the barcode?

sounds like a custom app to me.