• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can you help me Set my CPU?

cyaiphone

Android Enthusiast
Jul 25, 2010
I've just finished reading this thread http://androidforums.com/eris-all-things-root/153501-setcpu-step-step-instructions.html

I rather get advice from you guys than just going on and playing with this. I'm running Mikfroyo 4.4 with Netarchy 4.3.1-cfs-havs-nosbc-universal

I want to keep my phone snappy like mikfroyo has done. But i want to get better battery life (of course)

I've had set cpu but have never actually gone in there until just now. It asked me to autodetect my setting and I hit ok it set it to
max: 998400
min: 245000
scaling conservative

Does this mean that since i've downloaded this rom and kernal (3 days ago) i haven't really been getting the benefit of set cpu since i just now barely allowed it to detect settings?

I don't do much on my phone besides, streaming radio, twitter, facebook, sms and a little web here and there(article reading). My phone sleeps a lot while on my desk while radio is playing in the background.

what do you guys recommend i do with Set CPU. Would doing profiles work for me? If so what should i set them at?

less profiles the better. yes you have been running stock basically, 245-998. I set a 245-245 profile for screen off condition, this will save the battery. I set a temp so i dont overheat too far 245-something reasonable (low but still usable, 5-745 range), and i set a charge profile but its not necessary, i just overlock if im charging because im not worried about the battery, i play games in this range :) up to 1190 (most phones only like 1152 tops, my phone likes 1190 :) )

Upvote 0
your main profile can be the standard 245-998, or 245-7something i hear works if you want to underclock while using it, works on some roms and saves battery.

Play a bit but dont check set on boot until you know its stable

so for charging i can set it high? Does that prevent it from charging as fast as it could? I'm going to try your settings.

Upvote 0
in the profiles tab theres a "enable" box. I already created my profile and the profile is checked off. Do i need to also select "enable"?

Yes you need to select enable. As far as charging rate when overclocked but plugged in im not real sure, never paid attention, still charges fast enough for me...? :) dont have to, i just like to plug it in and have it overclocked and play some games...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones