1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Can you make a "incompatible" device, Compatible?

1. SophieSoph

SophieSoph New Member

Hi All :)

I was wondering if you can make a Samsung Galaxy Mini compatible with the application " draw something"? It does say that my device isn't compatible, but i heard a little rumor that you can "alter" certain things on your device to make it compatible. Just wondering if it's possible, and if it is... HOW?

Many thanks,

SophieSoph !

Advertisement
    :
  2. egingell

egingell Member

3. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

Personally, I rather modify the build.prop myself than trust an app with root privileges that also uses push advertising.
  4. egingell

egingell Member

So far it hasn't cause any issues on my phone. I can't test the functionality, though, I can't think of any "incompatible" apps off-hand that aren't incompatible because of my carrier.
  5. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

The problem with altering compatibilities is that you will likely be forcing an app to run on hardware less than recommended, so expect probable lags and force closure on a low end device like the Fit.
  6. Caro332

Caro332 Well-Known Member

That's what I was thinking. I'm sure most apps are incompatible because the phone is not really design for the app you want to use so it might not work properly.
  7. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Well-Known Member Contributor

Wouldn't an easier solution be to just sideload the app in question? Then you don't need root or have to worry about some possibly nefarious third-party app.