• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can you make the lock screen wallpaper show up while also being able to pause music/change song?

gerardsama

Lurker
Feb 4, 2017
Hi!

Is there a way, i.e. through some specific setting or an app etc, to be able to make your lock screen show up when you unlock your phone while playing music? I would much prefer that over the album covers (or the blue-grey filler screen that shows up when your mp3 doesnt have a specified cover). I dont want the music widget to disappear though, the best solution would be to see the lock screen paper and have a transparent version of the widget on top, where you only have like a play and pause button, maybe also song name.

Doesn't sound like much but anything of that sort/functionality would be of great help. Ive done some research through google and the play store but without much success.

Thanks in advance

There are widgets that work with some lockscreens. That being said there is a slew of apps and widgets on the market.
I have the Lockscreen Live Wall Paper app or Fireflies Lockscreen app. It will replace your lock screen and you can use 1 widget app on the lockscreen. I have tried my WinAmp on it and it works well. I actually use my Vibrate widget tho.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones