1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Can you play Video out to Your TV?

1. jajordan74

jajordan74 New Member

Is it possible to play video out to my TV from my LG Optimus V?

I initially would have thought this was possible with a cord that went from the accesory port to RCA, but I've never seen anything on this. I assume it is cannot do this, but I just wanted to check. I know my friend does it with his iPhone.

Advertisement
  2. TVCCS

TVCCS Well-Known Member

No...the V does not have an HDMI video port, as do some other phones.
  3. kc3

kc3 Well-Known Member

Only option I can see is if you have a TV that can run videos off of thumb drives, than just plug it into your TV and mount it as a mass storage device.
  4. weddle

weddle Well-Known Member

Hmm, would that mean its not possible to do it through the usb port of an xbox 360?
  5. kc3

kc3 Well-Known Member

idk, I've never owned a 360 but if it can support mass storage devices than I'd imagine it'd be doable
  6. tli

tli Well-Known Member

This can be done but not directly via a cable connection though. You could stream video files, via the phone's WiFi network connection, through your home network from the Optimus to a media player attached to your TV. I haven't actually done this... but I have streamed video files that are on my phone and watched the movies on my desktop PC wirelessly.
    jajordan74 likes this.
  7. jajordan74

jajordan74 New Member

I hadn't thought of my xbox. I bet it work be able to get to the videos just as it can a usb flash drive. Thanks.