• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can you please explain a "launcher"?

I use Nova Launcher Prime. I have used it for years. It will change the way you think about your device.

In addition to customization of home screen and app drawer you can save the configuration you have ... go to a different device ... restore the saved configuration. Also handy when you do a backup/Factory Data Reset/restore.

... Thom

Upvote 0
I use Nova Launcher Prime. I have used it for years. It will change the way you think about your device.

In addition to customization of home screen and app drawer you can save the configuration you have ... go to a different device ... restore the saved configuration. Also handy when you do a backup/Factory Data Reset/restore.

... Thom
Nova Prime is my favorite.
A launcher lets you customize your homescreen, dock, drawer, and other things more then the phones default launcher. There are many launchers in the Play Store.
Ok but no one answered Question #2 lol what is the stock launcher called?

Upvote 0
I noticed a few of you mentioned Nova Launcher is your favorite and I've Read great reviews and heArd good Things about it but honestly I'm afraid to download any launcher For fear of messing up my tablet Somehow lol
It will change nothing and only add to your device. You can switch back to your old setup at any time. This means you can try any launcher you think you might like. I've tried a lot of them and at the end of the day Nova Prime launcher was the best by a long shot. It runs faster and leaner than any other launcher (including Samsung's default touch wiz) and its options and functionality are seemingly endless.

Reactions: Phoenix777
Upvote 0
I keep coming back to this one ...

1.jpg

... Thom

Upvote 0
What is launcher - Android launchers are apps that can spice up your phone's home screen or act as a personal assistant.

Custom Nook launcher that lets you return to what you were reading last from the home screen. And No its Not Called as kitkat launcher, as Kitkat is an android Version Name.
I use Go Launcher EX . Its Just awesome.

Future-Theme-Go-Launcher-EX-Android-385x642.jpg

Upvote 0
Where are all your apps and widgets? A blank home screen? Lol

I use 5 screens of home screen. This is page 3 that is the one that I go to if I double-tap the home button. I can swipe left or right to get to the others or keep swiping in either direction.

If I swipe down with two fingers it goes to the last app drawer I had used. I have a lot of app drawer pges with 300 apps sorted my way into them.

This one is the one that is on the table in front of me when meeting with a customer.

Tap the time and the Calendar app is brought up.
Tap the date and the Tasker app is brought up.
Tap my logo and it toggles an app I wrote to toggle sound on/off (toggling 4 of the 7).

The date/time is a widget and it is displayed in the same spot on all 5 screens.

The whole point is ... my phones are all arranged my way.

... Thom

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones