Can you remap the Home button?Support

Last Updated:

1. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I downloaded and installed the Lock 2.0 free trial program. Upon install, when I clicked on the "Home" button on my Samsung Moment, a pop appeared with 3 choices:

Complete Action Using:
    1) Home (go to home)
    2) Lock icon (meaning to lock the phone) - also with a warning - do not use this as default - you had (sic) been warned.
    3) a checkbox to use either choice 1 or 2 as the default always.

This made me curious. First of all if I accidentally remapped the Home button the Lock app, how would I be able to remap it to the default "Home" action?

Looked in settings and do not see how I can remap Home button.

I don't like how a 3rd part app can intercept the Home button and yet I can't figure out how to undo the damage if I accidentally remapped the Home button to the 3rd party app.

Anyone here know if this is possible to restore the Home button if you mess up and a 3rd party app maps it by default?

Advertisement
  2. acp

acp Well-Known Member

When you're looking at the lock screen click Menu > Home Screen to revert back

3. AndroidSPCS

Ok thanks. I don't like 3rd party apps messing with the hardware buttons. A malicious app could remap it and lock you out of it. There should be permission given by me explicitly to allow a 3rd party access, and not by accident either.

4. acp

acp Well-Known Member

can you update your quote to fix "you're" please :)

just kidding

I agree though it did seem a bit sketchy that it locks you out, I'm not sure why the lock 2.0 even appears after clicking "home", it is not a home screen.

5. AndroidSPCS

LOL done, your grammar is good. :)

Agree on why it does that. I uninstalled it because I find that behavior unacceptable.